Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Day in Paris

The first day in Paris was short; mainly devoted to getting from the airport, to our apartment, and walking around a bit.

While the rest of my party tried to catch up on some of their lost sleep, I walked further down the Champs Élysées. That avenue is very busy on a Sunday afternoon. But if you walk just 100 feet off the street, everything slows down. It's like you're passing through a threshold of solitude.

My initial impression of Paris is that it is a very interesting city. I like it better than New York City. There seems to be a lot more to explore, and I think it's more beautiful.

Tomorrow is Lisa's birthday, and we're taking a bicycling tour of Paris.

The one place that the most people recommended we see, is the Catacombs of Paris. I am not convinced I even want to see it, let alone devoting a good part of the day to it. any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment